Monday, February 16, 2009

Project Erik (Feb. 9th)

Well, Project Erik began on Sunday! We started going to Open Door this Sunday and we had decided that we were going to bring Erik to Children's church from the beginning. We had him stay with us during worship with Wendy and her little boy Jonathan. They clapped and sang, and played together and then.... DUN DUN DUN...it felt like we were taking the walk of death! I was soooooooo nervous. I had geared myself up for this for a week, preparing for all the screaming, wailing, tears and my own stress that I felt was to come. We walked down the hall and as I'm signing him in and writing on the "special instructions" column that this is Erik's first time away from mommy and family, I notice that Erik and Jonathan had already marched right on in. Wendy pulled me back and I set the sign in sheet down. Then the tears came. ....my own! I stood in the hall and couldn't believe that my little boy was so brave! The entire time in church I wanted to keep getting up and checking on him but Wendy and Chris urged me to just let him be. I'm glad I did! When we went to pick him up, he was still playing and having the best time! When he saw us, he said "Stay!" He wanted to keep playing!!!! Yay! Then his pants fell down. Which was really funny and out of no where! Anyway, I'm glad that it went well, and I hope he continues enjoying it. It may not always be like this, and some days he may get upset, but I know that he will only benefit from this. Well, we are on our way to a Bible Study and play group and I am going to try not to be "on top of him" the whole time. I think a lot of his clingy-ness might just have to do with me!! Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment