Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm organizing my house....in my head.

This morning I woke up for my usual 4:30 trip to the bathroom (only because I'm pregnant). I stayed awake for 2 hours after that, laying in bed, thinking of all the things I want to oraganize in my house.

So far today I have rearranged Ivy's room (mostly using Chris' muscles of course), moved our massive pile of clean laundry from our bedroom into the living room-it's no longer 'out of sight. out of mind' anymore- and moved 3 pieces of small furniture/items out of our room and into Ivy's. I'm reclaiming my bedroom as a sanctuary and ...get ready for it...THROWING stuff AWAY!! I feel so free!

Spring cleaning in February:

Last weekend Chris and I threw out 6 large black trashbags of junk and 2 large hampers all from our laundry room. It is so nice in there that even when my two year old son walks in it he says, "Clean!" This weekend we cleaned out the pantry and organized everything on the shelves.

Two weeks ago my friend Taylor came over and she helped me get started on my dreaded monster--I mean --master closet. We bagged up over 10 large trash bags(Glad Force Flex to be precise!) of clothes and Chris took them to Goodwill this morning. Good ridance!

A few weeks ago my sister came over and somehow we got into cleaning out my fridge & freezer. An hour later she was walking out 4 bags full of groceries!

So that's what's been going on in my house lately. I still have a long way to go but I'm glad progress is being made. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great! i am so excited you started this blog.seems like you started before me, that is craz. let try to get wendy to do start one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually I just started yesterday but I copied a few of my recent blogs from Facebook and put them on here. I would love to get Wendy in on this!!!

    ReplyDelete