Thursday, February 19, 2009

Movie Date, Lobster and Red Velvet Cheescake

Chris and I had a fun Valentine's date. We celebrated on Friday so that we could get a sitter for Erik. His Aunt Jess came over to watch him while we went out on the town.

First we went to see "Coraline 3D". Pretty weird movie! It was like having one of those dreams that you just can't explain. I guess the moral of the story was to be careful what you wish for and also that things aren't always what they appear to be. Young kids might be scared by this movie or a little creeped out. I know I was!


After the movie we were planning on going out to eat at a hibachi grill. We went to one in Oklahoma and it was such a fun experience. You sit at a large table (with other people besides yourselves) and the table has a huge grill right in the middle and the cook actually cooks everything right in front of you. I think since we ended up not going I want to go for my birthday in April with my gal pals!

So last minute Chris changed his mind and wanted to go eat at our favorite restaurant, Phares'. We mainly go there for their fire roasted oyster appetizer! The atmosphere is also perfect for a nice date.
Chris ordered the Valentine's special, which was stuffed Lobster, grilled asparagus and rosemary potatoes. He gave me a few bites of it and it was delicious!


I ordered the same thing I always do. The stacked grilled chicken, with mashed sweet potatoes and eggplant fries. The chicken is stacked on top of a portabello mushroom with a spinach and artichoke sauce in between. I always eat about half of the meal because it is so much food and take the rest home for the next day.






Since it was Valentine's, we splurged ($15!) and ordered desert. We ordered off of the Valentine's special menu again and got the red velvet cheesecake.
It was a red cheesecake with a graham cracker-like crust, served with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream. We ate about half of it because it was so rich, but finished it off when we got home!! :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment