Thursday, February 26, 2009

25 weeks pregnant

I'm 25 weeks pregnant today :) Some websites say that this is the beginning of my 3rd trimester but most of them say I won't be there until 28 weeks. Why is this even debatable? It's so confusing that not only do they add 2 weeks to pregnancy, but also that no one seems to know when the third trimester starts. Oh well!






I saw my doctor today. Sort of.






I got to the doctor's office, signed in, and was then called to the back and the secretary says to me, "Well, you may or may not know this, but Dr. Broussard retired this week." I don't know if it was pregnancy hormones or if I was genuinely this upset, but I broke into tears. The secretary starts to cry too (like balling crying like me with big tears rolling down her face) and says that it was really sudden for all of them too and not to worry- they will take care of me and find a new doctor for me. She also said that he didn't call anybody, but that he put an article in the newspaper.

She walked with me- arm in arm- to where my new Dr. office will be showed me the waiting room and handed me some tissues. I was a wreck. I could NOT stop crying! I was trying to get it together because I didn't want this doctor to think that I was dissapointed that he was going to be my doctor. My new nurse called me in and took one look at me and said, "You sunburned or something?" I am sunburned but my face was even more red and puffy from the crying. I told her that I was just a little caught of guard with Dr. Broussard retiring and that I was emotional. She tells me, "Well at least he didn't die!" I just looked at her and shook my head...realllllly slowly...What?! And then she tells me that when she was pregnant, her doctor went on vacation- I think to a hunting trip- and was accidently shot. :( In her odd attempt at making me feel better, it at least got my mind off it and helped me to calm down a bit. (I'm serious--I was sobbing!) I am not emotional about this anymore but I am dissapointed. I really really liked my doctor, my nurse, and -this is going to sound really picky but -I liked his office better! He had a big beautiful fish tank with exotic fish and the room was decorated all colorful and had whimsical mermaids hanging from the ceiling...He was such a FUN guy!!!!! AHHH! I'm getting over it.

So my new doctor is Dr. Hill. http://www.acadianawomen.com/Dochill.htm He reminds me of Andy from "The Office". He sounds like him and kind of makes the same gestures! Too funny. He's a lot younger than Dr. B and was really talkative. I don't know what else I would expect, but I liked that he just jumped right in as my doctor. He expressed a lot of concern about Erik being born premature (by 8 weeks) and so from now on I will be seeing him every two weeks. It seems like a lot since I have 15 more weeks to go, but it does make me feel like I am being taken care of. This was also fun to read about: (from the link that I posted up there) " Interests include music (singer/songwriter, violin, guitar, harmonica), hunting, fishing, weightlifting/fitness, gardening." He seems like a really well rounded and interesting guy!

After all of that craziness, my mom and I went to Target and I started up a baby registry. I'm having a small shower in about a month and Wendy and Katy told me that I needed to get my registry set up and my addresses to them by Monday. I'm really excited because it will be fun having another shower, especially because this baby is a different gender than my first. This one is going to be much smaller since it is my 2nd go-round and so I told myself that I would limit myself to 15 items. And then I got carried away!!! Going around with that little pricing gun was almost as fun as shopping! Plus, Target has this great perk--whatever is left on my registry will be discounted after the due date. I think it's something like 10-20%. I hope no one thinks I'm greedy!

Then we went to Cafe Roma for lunch (mmm) and after we saw the comedy "Medea Goes to Jail". Maybe it was more pregnancy hormones surging through me, but I cried more than I laughed. It was a good movie with a ton of good messages throughout. My mom loved it and was cracking up! She really needed a pick-me-up. There is a lot going on in my family right now and I think some good belly laughs were just what she needed. The last movie that she saw in theaters was "Toy Story"! She took me and my sisters who were only toddlers back then and now they are in highschool!


Well, little miss Ivy is about the size of an eggplant. I took some pictures of my pregnant belly and will post them later. I look like I have about 5 eggplants in there! Hahha!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is crazy. i wish i was there for you. i would cry to, but it sounds like you got a great doctor. i have heard of him, i can't really think of who had him. Have you got any test done with your blood sugar levels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like you new doc. I would cry too if my doctor decided to retire. I love him so much and all of his office staff. It is good that they will keep a close eye on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katy and Dani! Yes, he does seem like he will be a great doctor for me. I am going in two weeks (on March 12th) to get my blood sugar tested. I've been taking it and it has been a little higher than that first time I took it, but it's still not too high. (About 110 for fasting and 120ish one hour after eating. Do you think that's normal or too high?) I still am hoping and praying that it will be fine when I get my glucose test done. I'll let you know. Thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fasting is a little high. during pregnacy most doctors like it under 95. the 120 looks good. don't worry overall it looks good.

    ReplyDelete